From Jen: Since I’ve stepped into my corporate role as Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications at SwissJust North America, my business partner (and husband!) John Fong has stepped out from behind the curtain, managing the consulting business we used to run together. He focuses primarily on lead generation for direct selling companies, and does an amazing job for his clients, helping them create a steady flow of new leads using Facebook Ads. John generates more leads for direct selling companies than anyone else in the industry today. In today’s post, he shares some tips on creating an effective lead generation campaign. I have personally seen him generate 1,000 leads or more per month for his clients. Here are some of the techniques he uses with amazing results.
How to Generate 1,000 Leads per Month with Facebook Ads
by John Fong
Facebook Ads are an incredibly effective way to generate leads immediately for your direct sales company. If you’re interested in creating a Facebook Ad lead generation campaign for your company, here are some quick tips you can start using today:
- Create ads that have photos of real people.
- Use language that is clear and concise about the product and the opportunity.
- Include your current consultants in your target audience and tell them to engage/share the ads when they see them with their network/friends/family to help increase the reach of your ads.
- Make sure you use News Feed ads.
- Set the daily budget at a minimum of $50.00/daily to maximize your reach.
What to do next?
- Step 1 – Read or re-read this blog post from my lovely wife Jennifer Fong to have a clear idea on how to establish your FB lead generation program - http://www.worldofdirectselling.com/online-recruiting-campaign/
- Step 2 – You must set up Google Analytics to track how well the ads are doing and what kind of conversion your ads are generating, or you will not be able to make adjustments to increase leads.
- Step 3 – Now create a group of new ads incorporating the tips from above and define the target audience you want to reach.
- Step 4 – Once you find a few ads that are generating the best leads, keep creating new ads similar to them and continue to make adjustments that resonate with your target audience. Now, your goal is to create as many ads with high conversion rates as possible.
- Step 5 – Once you have ads that are performing well, start analyzing and tracking the time of day and days that most leads are generated.
- Step 6 – Once you have a consistent level of leads at a certain ad spend budget, you can now consider gradually increasing the budget to maximize as many leads as possible on those best time of day and days of the week. Do not rush this process. Do not just simply increase your budget and expect that the leads will increase. It does not work like that, most of the time you will get a similar number of leads and waste the increased budget.
- Step 7 – Only increase your budget if your leads increase. That means you have to analyze your data very carefully as you incrementally increase your ad spend. Facebook Ad lead generation is more art than science. It does not follow the concept of cause and effect. Just because you spend more money and have more people seeing your ads, it does not necessarily mean they will convert.
- Step 8 – At this point, if you continue with this process, gradually increasing your budget as leads increase, and are willing to increase your ad spend accordingly, you can reach your goal of 1000 leads per month.
Allow anywhere from several weeks to a couple of months for your lead generation to mature. Once you’ve built momentum, continue to analyze your data and increase your ad spend strategically to maximize leads. The key is to track the data, make adjustments to maximize your ad spend to increase leads and to build momentum.
One last note, start your lead generation program now, because it will take a couple of months to establish! You want to have a lead generation program in place once the holiday selling season is over. This way, you can offset the lower sales volume that comes after the holidays with increased leads and can also reach those individuals with New Year’s resolutions to start a business, make a life change, and/or who are looking to pay off holiday debt.
Are you using Facebook ads? How many leads are you generating per month? Please share your tips in the comments!
John Fong is a lead generation specialist who creates Facebook Ad lead generation campaigns for direct selling companies. He also handles the day-to-day community management and content for the Direct Selling Education Foundation and other direct sales company clients. For more information, or to contact him about services for your direct selling company, click here.