Ah, Facebook. We find ourselves there daily, catching up on the latest from our friends, sharing info about our businesses…so much to do! Yet with all the changes we constantly find on Facebook, as well as the crowds, there are times I find myself thinking, “I wish people knew that….” I decided to share my list of these with you today. Would love to hear what you would add!
- I wish people knew that when you send an email to a whole group of people, they receive a notification every single time someone replies. (ARGH.) Fortunately, Facebook has recently added a “leave conversation” option, but not everyone knows it’s there.
- I wish people knew that Events are not the place to post things that are not events.
- I wish people knew they’ll only see updates from all their friends and Pages if they scroll to the bottom of the News Feed, click “Edit Option,” and then choose “All of your friends and Pages.”
- I wish people knew that when you add folks to a Group, they get spammed with constant notifications of every single thing that happens in that Group until they turn it off. You should never add someone to a Group without permission.
- I wish people knew that they can (and should!) include their businesses on the Info tab of their Profile.
- I wish people knew that business Pages are for business messages. Not Profiles. To set up a Page, navigate to any other Page on Facebook, scroll to the bottom of the left column, and choose “Create a Page.”
- I wish people knew that a steady stream of ads is not effective on a Profile OR a Page. You have to be valuable if you want people to pay attention.
- I wish people knew that you have to type http:// in front of any link you share on Facebook if you want people to be able to click it.
- I wish people knew that it’s good manners to send a personal note with a Friend Request, especially if the person you’re sending it to doesn’t know you.
- I wish people knew that not everyone shares their political views and when you say them in a way that says you think you’re right and everyone else is wrong, you turn people off.
So what would you add to my list?