Nothing makes me shake my head more than consultants who don’t know how to behave on their company’s Facebook Page. Here your company has gone to the effort of providing you with a resource on Facebook that can help you build your business, and what do some consultants do? They complain about the company on that page! Disagree with facts and status updates the company posts! Talk about shipping issues or side effects they think they’ve discovered or their opinion on the company’s decision to discontinue their favorite product…in general create negativity about the company, right where customers and prospects have been invited to learn more about the brand!
I simply can’t understand it. Don’t you WANT to make money? Don’t you WANT your company to stay in business? Don’t you realize that every complaint on a Facebook Page is fully indexed by Google and lasts FOREVER?
People, no company is perfect. I get that. But there is a time and a place to let your company know what you think. And publicly bashing the company you represent on Facebook is, frankly, stupid. There is NOTHING to be gained and everything to lose by complaining there.
So here’s my list of things you should never post to the company Facebook Page:
- Complaints about or issues with products.
- Complaints about the compensation plan.
- Complaints about business practices of the company.
- Complaints when your company decides to discontinue an item you like.
- Side effects of your health and wellness products.
- Product claims or testimonials that can’t be scientifically proven through a study.
- Income claims that can’t be backed up with at least 12 months of data, and that your company has approved.
- Your personal web address or contact information (the company page is not the place for self-promotion)
- Strong political and religious opinions.
- Any other complaints or negativity that haven’t been addressed in numbers 1-9 above.
What would you add to this list?
Who do you know that needs this message? Share this post!