Sometimes when I write posts on my Facebook Page, I get asked questions about how to do some simple piece of the tip. And I realized that there are things that I’m just used to, that you may not know if you’re new to all this social media stuff. So today’s post are simple tips and tricks for social media. I hope you’ll add on to this post with tips of your own.
Here are mine:
- Facebook URL: If you want your own Facebook web address (i.e. http://facebook.com/jenfongspeaks) for your Profile or Page, go to http://facebook.com/username. You can set it up from there.
- Status Update Tags: If you want your friend’s name (or Page) to be a link in your status update, simply type the @ sign before you type their name, and then choose their name from the list. Once you click the Share button, it becomes a link.
- Accessing Your Facebook Pages: To navigate to a Page that you’re a fan of, type the name of the Page in the Search bar at the top of your screen. Then you’ll be able to select it from the list.
- Facebook Privacy: To access your Facebook Privacy settings, click Account in the upper-right corner, and then click Privacy Settings.
- Create a Facebook Page: To create a Facebook Page, navigate to any existing Facebook Page, and click Create a Page for My Business at the bottom of the sidebar on the left.
- Creating Web Links: You have to type http:// in front of any web URL that you want to be a link, when sharing it in your status update. jenfongspeaks.com won’t do. It has to be the full URL: http://jenfongspeaks.com.
- Web Links as Status Updates: If you’re sharing a web link that you want to show up as your status update, click the x in the upper right corner of the link box that appears once you type the URL. This will eliminate the web page preview, and cause your message to appear as your status.
- Sharing Updates with Specific Friends: If you only want specific people or friend lists to see something, add your content and then click the lock icon next to the Share button. Choose Customize, and then select Specific People from the drop down list. Enter the names of people or lists that you want to see the message. Click Save Settings, and then click the Share button. Only the people you specify will be able to see the content.
So what are your Facebook tips? Would love it if you’d share them in the comments below. Let’s help each other!
p.s. Quick update: I’m in 2nd place in the Top 50 MLM Blogs contest right now! It’s hard to wrap my head around. Thanks SO MUCH to all who voted, and especially all the kind comments you left. I go back and read them again and again because they make me feel so good! 🙂 If you haven’t but you’d like to, you can do that by clicking here. Just add a comment and a rating. THANK YOU!