Welcome, and thanks for visiting my Direct Sales & Social Selling blog!
I am passionate about the direct selling industry and how it impacts the lives of people all over the world. Here are some of the ways I have serve the industry:
- I am a corporate business development, marketing and communications consultant and speaker who helps direct sales/network marketing companies adapt to the rapidly changing market we find ourselves in today. I help companies make themselves more relevant by adapting to the many ways today’s social seller connects with his or her contacts.
- I serve as a business consultant for the direct selling industry, providing marketing executive expertise while helping companies design digital marketing strategy, create lead generation programs, develop communications plans, evaluate and enhance existing new consultant programs, write salesforce training, develop marketing campaigns, and more.
- I am a partner with the highly experienced team at Luce Murphy Fong & Associates, helping direct selling companies with all aspects of operations.
A former direct sales company founder and CEO, I built my company from the ground up, and understand what it takes to build, lead, and train a team. I have also served as a Sr. Vice President of Marketing and Communications for an international direct selling company establishing a presence in the United States. I was one of the first to help direct sellers integrate social media strategically into the business while staying true to the basics and keeping it all balanced and have led the industry in its adoption. I have also served as the Director of Instructional Design for an organizational development company (where I managed the development of an online university for customer service reps during the AOL/Time Warner merger), and was fortunate enough to work for a dot com in New York during the dot com bubble.
A champion of social networking and social media marketing in the direct sales industry, I’m passionate about teaching direct sellers how to use social media tools to enhance their businesses, while remaining true to the fundamentals of direct sales.
I collaborate with those doing digital marketing at the corporate level in many direct selling companies, encouraging them to share best practices, which is bringing the industry as a whole forward. I also present regularly on digital marketing at Direct Selling Association functions in the US and Canada, and have written several articles on digital marketing and social selling strategies for Direct Selling News, our industry’s professional publication, including:
- Launch Your Social Media Strategy: 5 Factors to Consider
- Blended Methods Are the Future of Direct Selling
- When Party Plan and Social Media Collide
- Barefoot Books
- Dove Chocolate Discoveries
- Direct Selling Education Foundation
- The Pampered Chef
- Creative Memories
- Demarle at Home
- Initials, Inc.
- Reliv International
- Maidenform at Home
- Mix Party
- PartyLite Canada
- Passion Parties
- Ruby Ribbon
- SwissJust North America
- Team National
- Vantel Pearls in the Oyster
- Vector Marketing/Cutco
- WineShop at Home
Corporate social responsibility is extremely important to me. The direct sales company I founded, Learning is an Art, donated 100% of its corporate profits to charity, and gave away over $150,000 in its 3 years in business. In 2008, the company was awarded the Direct Selling Association’s Vision for Tomorrow Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jenfongspeaks