I love the direct selling industry. If you’ve read my blog for a while, this is nothing new to you. I’m passionate about the opportunity it creates for people, and I’ve been blessed by the relationships I’ve been able to grow through my time in the industry.
I also believe in looking forward. Back in 2008, I looked forward to a time when social media would completely revolutionize the industry. I believed it was essential for our industry to embrace social media, and I worked hard to create an environment that would enable our industry to get it right. Today, it makes my heart so happy to see how far we’ve come.
But we can’t stop looking forward. And I believe that the next place we need to focus is the online sales experience we provide to customers. My partner Alan Luce said recently that he believes that in the next 5 years, 80% of sales will occur online for direct selling companies. I believe he’s right. We simply need to look at current web trends, especially among younger generations, to see this reality.
And so a lot of my focus now is being spent on the virtual sales experience. This is not just for party plan. I believe the entire industry is impacted, and it’s something we need to prepare for. You can read more of my thoughts on this today on the World of Direct Selling blog. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this too:
The world is changing. Are you ready?
- To Meme or Not to Meme, That is the Question
- How Does Social Media Help Generate Local Business?
- Why Staying Away from Online Auctions as a Direct Seller is a Big Deal
- In Defense of Common Sense
- The Importance of Perspective When Using Social Media for Business
- You Are an Essential Part of the Company’s Facebook Page
- What's Your Limited Time Offer?
- Why Can't I Just Copy What My Company Posts on Facebook?
- A Failure to Communicate - Guest Post by Sarah Baker Andrus
- How to Use Facebook Profiles and Pages for your Business