When using social media for your direct sales or network marketing business, it’s important to know what you want as a result of the experience. Because you’ll be spending time on it, and your time is worth money, you need to be sure that your actions are bringing a positive result to your business.
But too often, direct sellers jump on social networks without any idea of WHY they’re there. Sure, they talk to people, and have some vague idea about reaching new people who may buy or join, but there is no specific goal. As a result, you have no idea if your time is being spent wisely.
There are so many choices you can make when using social media for your business. Should you blog? Set up a Facebook Page? Tweet? The list goes on and on.
So how do you know what’s right for you?
And if you do have a strategy, have you spent any time lately looking at your numbers, to determine whether it’s working the way that you planned?
To use social media successfully for your direct sales business, you have to answer these questions:
- What do I want social media to do for my business? Am I looking for new customers? Recruits? Brand recognition?…
- How will I measure progress towards the goal? Do I know how to measure which conversions (sales, recruits, etc.) come as a result of my social media efforts? Have I thought about what systems I can put into place so I know?
- Which tools will best help me reach my goal? Where do my contacts spend time? What kind of information are they looking for?
- How much time can and should I invest? How much money will I make as a result of my actions online, as opposed to doing a party or opportunity meeting?
- When will I revisit my social media plan, and make adjustments as needed?
Whether you have a plan now, or are just winging it at this point, I encourage you to take some time this week to answer these questions for yourself. It will make a big difference in the results you see from your online efforts.
What questions do you have? How do you measure progress towards your goals? Would love to read your thoughts in the comments!