If you haven’t been making the most of your mobile, or are still on the fence about upgrading, I thought today I would share with you some of the apps I use, and why they make my life better. Maybe you’ll find some new ones that you love too! (Disclaimer…I have an Android phone, and can’t guarantee that everything mentioned below is available for iPhone…although many probably are.)
- Clock – Yes I know this is simple, but I can check what time it is in the time zones for the people I’m calling, set an alarm clock I can count on when I’m on the road, set a timer for my social media activities, and more. All from my smartphone.
- Facebook and HootSuite – I LOVE the ability to check my social networks when I’m on the go. It’s also fun to be able to send photos of my adventures to my social networks, right from my phone. What I like about HootSuite is that I can check my Twitter lists from it too, allowing me to see the tweets I most want to see.
- AroundMe and Places – AroundMe was shared with me by my friend Brett Duncan over at Mannatech. Places works much the same way. No matter what city I’m in, AroundMe lets me pull up Restaurants, Gas Stations, Coffee, Hotels, and much more, all in my general vicinity. It will even give me directions to get there! And when you travel as much as I do, finding the nearest Starbucks is not just a “nice to have.” It’s a NEED. 🙂
- LightSaber – Because everyone needs a good lightsaber battle. Or a few moments of peace while the kids occupy themselves. (p.s. I’m not really a geek. I blame it on my kids. Really…)
- Bump – Exchange contact information easily with others who have the Bump app. I still think this technology will be the answer to customers having to fill out all their info at the top of the order form. How much more convenient!
- Evernote – Keep track of EVERYTHING. Save your ideas and the things you like while on the go, and then access them everywhere. Easy to search, and super handy.
- MathDroid – Currently the ONLY app I have spent real money on (a whole 99 cents). It quizzes my kids on math problems, adapts to their level, and they earn virtual cash, which they can then use to equip the MathDroid with cool stuff like lightsabers and jet packs. Hey, anything to keep them entertained, while making math more fun.
- Navigation – This app makes me glad I never invested in a GPS. I just turn on the GPS in my phone, and off we go. I can interact with the map on the touchscreen too, while a voice tells me which way to turn. Super handy when stuck in traffic.
- Our Groceries – I keep my shopping list here (no more searching for paper!) I can add things to the list, or cross them off, with just a touch of the screen. And Our Groceries remembers those items for the next time I shop. If my husband had a smartphone, I could even send the list to him. Convenience! (But he has a dumbphone, so I have to keep all this coolness for myself. *sigh*)
- Voice Recorder – Capture those great ideas for blog posts, to-do’s, and more, and have them handy when you need them.
That’s my list. Some are more business than others, but they all make my mobile experience exceptional. What apps do you love? How do you use them for your business or your life? Would love to read your comments below.