With Facebook changing things every other week (at least it feels that way sometimes), and the social media world moving so rapidly, how do you keep up? It’s important to know what is going on out there, so you can best market your business using social media? So how do you keep up? Here are some tips:
- Find some trusted resources. There are people out there who stay on top of the latest in social tools, and let their followers know about them.
- Of course, you can subscribe to this blog, as well as my Facebook Page (click the “Like” button). When I see changes that will affect direct sellers, I always write about them, and explain how it will affect you as a direct seller.
- Another good resource for Facebook is Mari Smith (her website, Twitter, Facebook Page). While her emphasis is not direct selling, Mari is always one of the first to let us know when there’s a change to Facebook.
- One more blog I like is allfacebook.com. There are often good step-by-step articles detailing changes to Facebook on this site.
- Watch what other direct sellers do. Sometimes the best source of learning for us is others in our profession. Take a peek at what your colleagues are doing with social media. You may pick up some tips and techniques that will work for you too!
- Look for training from your company. Some direct sales companies are really on the ball when it comes to social media training. So be sure to take any and all social media training that they offer, so that you know what social media techniques you can use that comply with your company’s policies and procedures.
- Use social media tools. Social tools typically notify their users when they make a change. So be sure you’re logging in regularly, so you know what’s new. You have to be in the game to make the best use of these tools.
How do you keep up with the latest in social media tools? Would love to read your thoughts in the comments below.
Photo credit: Dave-F