Recently I asked you all what blog topics you’d like to see me write about, and one of the topics that was suggested was that people want to hear about folks that are actually experiencing success with social media in their direct sales and network marketing businesses. What are they doing, and how is it paying off? Theory is all well and good, but give us the good stuff! Who is actually making it work (and making money)?
So today I’d like to invite you to be part of this post. I’m going to start with something that was sent to me recently by Margo Porras, a Group Leader with Private Quarters, a home party plan company that sells high quality linens and comfortwear for the bed and bath. I’ll let Margo tell her story in her own words:
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you again for your extremely valuable talk on social networking and blogging that you gave at our company’s national convention last summer. I wanted to contact you again just to give you an update on what has happened for me and my business since I’ve applied all the tips I got from you.
1. My blog, “The Blissful Bed and Bath” (which I started just a few hours after taking your seminar, twice) appears on the first page of ANY Google search related to my company, most of the time placing in the top 5 citations.
2. My twitter account (@margodesign) and Facebook business page continue to grow, and most of my followers are people I have never met in person. This has really helped to build my credibility with new customers.
3. I have received inquiries and and orders from people all over the world who have found my site by searching for quality bedding online. Because of the tips you gave us regarding content, they feel like I am approachable and not pushing a “hard sell” on them.
Most importantly, you showed me how to use my site to provide valuable content to my existing customers, the ones who have actually worked with me personally. My site has gone a long way to strengthen their perception of me as their consultant.
And the best part? Thanks to your helpful tips-it was easy.
So THANK YOU! I just wanted to let you know that you’ve really made a difference in my business, and continue to do so with your blog.
Have a great weekend!
Margo Porras, Group Leader with Private Quarters
Congratulations to you Margo! That is fantastic work. Margo took action with the principles I’m teaching all of you, and you can see the results.
So now I’m asking you to jump in here. Let’s make today’s post a collective post from all of us (today you’re all guest columnists!) In the comments, please share what you’ve done in social media, and how it worked for you. Please try to include the specifics…share with us things such as:
- What tool did you use, and what did you do with it? (Feel free to include links to your individual social media presences when referencing them. Incoming links = GOOD!)
- How much time have you spent on social media marketing for your business?
- What was your goal?
- How have you measured your results?
Let’s share some collective wisdom. It can make a big difference for all of us. One favor though…can you please click over to the blog to share your comments? (You may be reading this in a reader, email, on Facebook, etc.) That way, all of your stories are in one place, and everyone can access them.
Thanks! Can’t wait to read YOUR posts today!