So now you’ve got a Facebook Page for your direct sales or network marketing business. Hopefully, you’ve made a plan, specifically identifying your business goals for your Page. You’ve added a way for people to contact you, and a link to your personal website provided by your company. You may also have added a newsletter tab where people can sign up for your newsletter, and a link to your blog. You’ve gotten your Facebook URL, and added a link on your Profile to your Page, using that URL. Congratulations! You’ve done a lot.
But now the real work begins. Yesterday we talked about your Facebook engagement strategy. How do you get people to comment on or like your posts when they see them in the news feed? This is an ongoing process, and you should be planning to post at least once daily, and ideally a few times. But that’s only going to appear to those folks who have already “Like”-d your Page. How do you find new people to join your Facebook Page community? Here are some strategies (both online and offline):
- Business Cards: Add your Facebook Page URL to your business cards. Invite everyone to work with to join your Page.
- Current Facebook Friends: Invite your business contacts on your friend list to Like your Page. Your Page includes a “Suggest to Friends” link on the main Page. If you’ve been using Friend Lists up to now, this will help you. Just select your Friend List from the Filter Friends drop-down menu, type a personal note, and send the Page suggestion. What’s nice about this feature is that friends who are already fans will be excluded from your invitation. No spam! (I probably don’t need to say this, but only invite people once using this method.)
- Ask Friends to Share: Ask your Page community members to share your Page with their friends. They can use the “Suggest to Friends” link too. Write a post such as, “Thanks for being a part of my Facebook community! If you find this Page helpful, would you share it with a friend? Just click the “Suggest to Friends” link under my picture. Thank you!”
- Mention Your Page on a Post on Your Profile: Mention on your Profile that you have a Page, and invite those interested to join. You might write a post such as, “I now have a Facebook Page where I share more specific business tips, specials, ideas, and more. If you’re interested, I’d love to have you Like us. Click here: Your Facebook URL”
- Tell Your Group: If you have a group, use the Message All Members feature, letting your group members know you’re moving to a Page. You may also want to put a post on the wall with a link to the Page, so that if anyone navigates to the Group, they can find your Page easily.
- Add a Facebook Like Box to Your Self-Hosted Blog: If you host your own blog (not a free blog), you can add a Facebook “Like Box” within a text widget on your sidebar. Then people can like your Page right from your website. You can get the code for that here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box (You can see an example of this under the heading “Find us on Facebook” on the sidebar of my website at http://www.jenfongspeaks.com)
Now Facebook will also help you with this process. When your friends like your Page, their friends may see that show up in their news feeds. This may cause them to be curious and check you out as well. However when they check you out, you want to be sure that what they find is engaging content that they WANT to like.
What strategies do you use to invite people to Like your Facebook Page? Would love to read your thoughts in the comments below. And I also invite you to become a part of our Facebook Direct Sales and Social Media community at http://facebook.com/jenfongspeaks.