November is one of the busiest months for most direct sellers. A full calendar and people shopping for holiday gifts means that many direct sellers make more income at this time of the year than any other.
Unless you’ve been affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Unfortunately, many of the direct sellers in my area have had all of their parties cancel. In some cases, over 10 days later, people still have no power and heat, are dealing with damage, or have even lost their homes. And we got snow last night.
I’ve had people reach out to me, asking how they can help. And here’s one way: If you’re doing your holiday shopping anyway, please consider placing an order through the website of a direct seller or network marketer who has been affected by the storm. Give them some extra income to help them help themselves through the aftermath of this storm.
It’s easy to find them. You may already know them. You can use the consultant locator on sites of direct selling and network marketing companies. (Here’s a list of DSA-member companies.) I’ve also invited direct sellers in storm-affected areas to post links to their businesses in this post: https://www.facebook.com/jenfongspeaks/posts/10151303525860318 (Feel free to add yours if you have been affected by the storm.)
It’s time for our direct sales community to pull together and support one another. You may have already donated in other ways. But enabling a direct seller to continue his or her business is another wonderful gift you can give to a storm victim during this holiday season. Thanks for being a wonderful community and helping each other out. Now go shop!
- Creating A Master Online Plan: Internet Marketing and Social Media - Guest Post by Ty Tribble
- How To Set Up a Facebook Page for Direct Sales
- For heaven's sake, if you want to do business online, keep your politics to yourself!
- Reading: Blended Methods are the Future of Direct Selling
- Are You Aware of this Huge Recruiting Opportunity?
- Confessions of a Technoholic … But what is it worth? - Guest Post by Mark Bosworth
- Pay Attention to Find New Leads
- The Importance of Perspective When Using Social Media for Business
- Simple Tips for Email Inbox Organization
- Do You Have to Keep Up with Technology?