The holiday sales season is upon us. If you’re like most direct sellers and network marketing distributors, your busy season is really heating up, and your time is becoming more and more limited. Fortunately, social media provides some powerful tools to help you work more efficiently in your business.
What are the main activities you’ll be focusing on in your business right now? These include:
- Sales appointments (either parties or one-on-one appointments)
- Hostess coaching (if you’re in party plan)
- Recruiting appointments
- Team training
Here are some ways you can use social media to help you work more efficiently, so you have more time to focus on the things that really matter to you during this season.
- Scheduling Appointments and Parties: Have you ever tried to nail down an appointment either via the phone or email? Sometimes it works fine. And sometimes it takes FOREVER to reach someone, especially during the holidays. Guess what? Many direct sellers have reported a MUCH faster and better response using Facebook. By using either Facebook chat, messages, or even the wall (if it’s public info) you have a better chance of getting that appointment or party scheduled, so you can move on to the next steps.
- Hostess Coaching: Do you have specific messages in a specific order that you send to hostesses once they schedule a party? Set up each individual message in an auto-responder. Then, when a hostess books a party with you, plug in her info and she’ll receive the messages in order. They can even be personalized! And that way you can focus your time on the personal contact your business requires.
- Recruiting Meetings: Have several potential recruits spread out geographically? Why not hold an online opportunity meeting? Set up a conference bridge line and a uStream live steaming video presentation, and you’ll be able to present the opportunity to several folks at once. Don’t forget that the follow-up is still an individual activity, however.
- Networking: If your calendar is full with parties and sales appointments during the holiday, you may not have a lot of time to attend networking events. However you can take the extra 10 or 15 minutes that present themselves while waiting at your child’s football game, dance lessons, or whatever to grab your mobile device and network with current and new customers on Facebook or Twitter. Make it a game, and see how many bookings you can land from the car!
- Team Training: I’ve written on this topic before here and here, but if you don’t have a centralized resource with answers to common questions your team asks, you are wasting your time. Set up a Ning, Facebook, or LinkedIn group for your team, and provide answers to commonly asked questions, documents, resources, recognition and more. Not only will you be providing a great resource that your team can access 24/7 for the answers they need when they need them, but you will also be providing a way for your team to get more “plugged in” by building community with one another.
By taking a close look at the tools provided through social media, you can promote the efficiency in your business that will provide you with the time to make more money this holiday season, and throughout the year.
What ideas do you have? How have you used social media to make your business more efficient? Can’t wait to read your comments below!